The Community TV Administrator provides technical and administrative support for the public and education access channels serving cable television subscribers in the cities of Edina, Eden Prairie, Hopkins, Minnetonka and Richfield and assists with video production for the City of Edina by writing scripts, filming and editing public service announcements, interstitials, commercials and regular programs and backs up the Video Production Coordinator.Essential Functions
Administers all operations of Southwest Community Television's public and education access channels, including:
- Scheduling of resources and channels; updating of on-air listings.
- Developing and enforcing access priorities and rules.
- Overseeing operation, maintenance and repair of equipment.
- Maintaining and ordering supplies; recommending, researching and aiding in equipment purchases.
- Communicating with producers of public and education access content.
- Managing Southwest Community Television's social media sites.
- Working with public access facility to ensure the needs of public access producers are met or addressed.
- Maintaining various records, files and statistics.
- Marketing access services.
- Providing customer service to cable television customers who need assistance in working with the cable provider.
- Attends meetings and presents information, when needed, to the Southwest Suburban Cable Commission.
- Assists the City of Edina Video Production Coordinator with video production for government access channels in Edina and Eden Prairie.
- Assists as needed with the video production of City government meetings and other programming: Operates video equipment such as camera systems, mixer board, audio and video systems, etc. Conducts pre-meeting audit of Council Chambers and Control Room to ensure systems are properly prepared for meetings.
- Assist in producing original programming for the City including, writing scripts, producing multi-camera remote shoots; obtaining field footage and editing programming as needed
- Creates messages for video bulletin boards on cable channels and internal message boards at Edina City Hall.
- Performs other duties and activities as assigned.
Please visit the City of Edina website for additional details.